Friday, November 2, 2007

23 Things Assignment #6

Office Tools

A friend who is a high-up corporate administrative assistant said that her organization uses Google Docs all the time and I can see how it would be helpful in a setting where many departments may have to contribute.

I haven't yet been invited to the class group doc nor has 23Things made any additions to my doc so I cannot comment much on the experience.

However, the other librarian at my branch is also doing these assignments and google docs won't take her addition to the group document because, apparently, there's no connection to the website??? Sigh. We've had dropped circ sessions and slowing shared drive access for the past few days.

It just goes to prove that a good tool like google docs is only as good as the speed, bandwidth, and connectivity of the network being used.

No comments: